Land and Housing
 > Rented housing > Compensation


Last modified: December 15, 2011
VN:F [1.9.10_1130]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)

Sharing Rule:

When a tenant is requested to leave the rented house (for instance, because the landlord want to sell the house), he can get a reasonable compensation. Roughly speaking, a reasonable compensation can be calculated by taking 10-20% of the sales price of the house (take the market price for a house without tenants) and divide it by two.



A house without tenants can be sold for a higher price than a house with tenants in it. Roughly speaking, the difference is about 10-20%. This difference, reasonably divided by two, can be seen as a reasonable compensation, since in this way, both the landlord and the tenant gain in a similar manner from it.

Leave a Comment

Evaluate this Sharing Rule

The Microjustice Workplace is powered by the Microjustice Initiative and facilitated by TISCO, Tilburg University.

Microjustice Initiative

P.O. Box 80523
2508 GM The Hague
The Netherlands
+31 70 3589221 (phone)
+31 70 3549766 (fax)


Faculty of Law, Tilburg University
Room M 907 (Montesquieu Building)
PO Box 90153
5000 LE Tilburg
+31 (0)13 466 2281 (phone)
+31 (0)13 466 2323 (fax)

Contact the Microjustice Initiative

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message